Feb 12, 2019

Rounding Third

i sit down at my chair and slowly open up my laptop. the screen is cluttered with windows from my work the previous day. i close everything. i glide the mouse across the table until its pointer is hovering over the google chrome application. i click.

google chrome launches and opens up both the hgtv and diynetwork websites. i expect this to happen because i told it to do so. before i'm ready to submit my entries i decide i need some coffee. i rise and walk over to to carafe to fill my mug. on the way back i stop to exchange pleasantries with a co-worker. during these pleasantries i am thinking about getting my two entries in on hgtv and diynetwork.

i return to my desk and resume my task. i start with hgtv out of habit, but sometimes i will do diynetwork first. it is calming, these 20 seconds it takes to enter. during this brief period of time i am free from the gnawing ennui of modern life. it is a private exchange between myself and the scripps network, where i pledge my desire to win the HGTV Dream Home 2019. it's only once i realize how few times i have left to do this that a deep sadness washes over me.

--

total entries: 94

No comments:

Post a Comment